Several utilities are provided for Java EE testing:
- inject: general
dependency injection in unit test.
- cdi: CDI dependency
injection in unit test.
Transaction support in unit test.
- jndi: JNDI support in
- persistence: JPA
support in unit test.
Maven POM configuration
To configure your pom, you must configure three dependencies:
- The general JPA test support library.
- A JPA implementation-specific library.
- The dependency on your specific JPA provider.
The above 'three stage rocket' is necessary because:
- Customizations to the persistence unit for different JPA providers might conflict and
might require additional JPA provider specific dependencies.
- Different JPA providers can, in general, not be used within the same application. (an
exception is of course an OSGI environment when JPA is used as per the OSGI enterprise
- The specific JPA implementation and version to use must be determined by you
and not by the test support library.
This library includes the JSF API (1.2) as a transitive dependency. This is required to
get CDI support working in a Java SE environment. If you are using a different version of
JSF you must exclude this dependency and/or override it.
The general JPA test support library
Always include the dependency below:
JPA implementation-specific library
Choose one from the choices below:
|Hibernate (from 3.4.0.GA and higher).